Google The ultimate simple way to back up your website or blog

May 6, 2011

The ultimate simple way to back up your website or blog

How to backup website ,how to backup blog.This is long saying from desperate bloggers and web developer.I am also the one.But I got the problem of images only.I am the victim too.My website image is gone.Just gone.The text is there but no image.Looks damn ugly.



My hosting is blogspot.All my image is uploaded to picasaweb.google.com.

As this images is gone,now I have look see the images but is it possible to find images from over thousands of images.It is just impossible.In picasaweb one album has about 1000 images.And in which album should I look for thats also a problem.


Only If I made backup
If I had the images backed up,As my text is intact,I could spent some time to upload this images again and make everything okay.But no way to find those images.Only if i could back up all images.

Back up is also a pain
I thought that If I would backup my images in hard disk in a folder.If I would backed up my images but how could I find a certain webpage or blog page image among the hundreds of image.

Again how could I find the position or placement of the image in the blog page as my case the text is alright but image is gone.

Website Backup solutions

There are lots backup solutions for blogs and website.Blogspot is also offering downloading the full blog in xml format.

my recommendation is to take all this available options.

But what about images.This happens sometimes that blog page is okay but image is somehow disappeared,then the only solution is to upload this image again and set it again.

A very simple solution
Then I got this simple solution in my mind.Why not I get the habit of backing my blog,just save the whole page.Whenever I create a page,then save it as webpage.

People know how to save a webpage but do they use it to backup blogs.But I prefer so.




See my one blog page is saved in hard disk.
one html file and another folder containing all image,css and other files!


This way all the text and and images and css,html and plus the image placement will be in my pocession .And also I can view the files in offline mood too.

To save a webpage just right click and save as.or just ctrl + s.RKeep in mind too save in html format.Thus you can view the webpage in offline mood too and all the images will be saved in a folder within.
:))

No comments:

Post a Comment